The study will complete a planning level corridor study for the Rice Street / Holly Boulevard corridor from I-229 in Sioux Falls, SD, to SD11/Splitrock Boulevard in Brandon, SD.
The study is expected to fulfill the following objectives:
- Determine potential intersection configurations for all arterial intersections along the study corridor. Collector intersections will be identified on a case-by-case basis;
- Determine the need for additional through, turning, and/or passing lanes along the Rice Street/Holly Boulevard mainline while developing an access management plan along the entire corridor;
- Create a high-level environmental review technical memorandum of any known issues along the corridor within the study limits;
- Identify a land use plan, within 1/2 mile north and south of the corridor, coordinating municipalities Comprehensive Plans along the corridor. Include a discussion of jurisdictional transfer upon annexations; and
- Create final products for use by agencies represented on the Study Advisory Team which will provide guidance to implement recommended improvements for future construction.