The study will complete a planning level corridor study for the County Hwy 106 corridor from Tallgrass Avenue to 480th Avenue in Lincoln County, South Dakota. Specific study objectives include the following:
- Determine potential intersection configurations for all arterial section line intersections along the study corridor.
- Determine the need for additional through, turning, and / or passing lanes along the County Highway 106 mainline while developing an access management plan along the entire corridor.
- Create a high level environmental review technical memorandum of any known issues along the corridor within the study limits.
- Identify a land use plan, within ½ mile north and south of the corridor, coordinating the municipalities Comprehensive Plans along the corridor. Include a discussion of jurisdictional transfer upon annexations.
- Create final products for use by the City of Sioux Falls, Harrisburg, Lincoln County, SDDOT, and the Sioux Falls MPO which will provide guidance to implement recommended improvements for future construction.