Openings on Transportation Planning Committee

September 21, 2017

Sioux Falls Metropolitan Planning Organization

Encourages Area Citizens to Apply for Openings on its

Citizens Advisory Committee

CAC Request to Serve Application

Sioux Falls Metropolitan Area, South Dakota: The public is invited to apply for two vacant committee member positions on the Metropolitan Planning Organization’s (MPO) Citizens Advisory Committee (CAC). The MPO directs and oversees transportation planning and programming activities within the Sioux Falls metropolitan planning study area. This study area includes the Cities of Brandon, Crooks, Harrisburg, Hartford, Sioux Falls, and Tea, as well as portions of Lincoln and Minnehaha Counties. 

The CAC is an important component of transportation planning for the MPO. It is the committee that has been established to solicit public input into the local transportation planning process. The CAC's membership is comprised of interested citizens representing diverse citizen groups or organizations within the study area. Working with the Technical Advisory Committee and the Urbanized Development Commission, members of the CAC serve as a liaison between the general public and the formal transportation planning process. In addition, CAC members offer advice, comments and recommendations for projects that require review through the transportation planning process. The CAC meets seven times a year, generally on a bi-monthly basis. Regular attendance at the meetings is required. Meetings are held at the SECOG Center in Sioux Falls on Wednesdays beginning at 3:00 p.m. 

Representatives will be selected by several criteria including their interest in local transportation, ability to regularly attend the meetings, and related issues. “Request to Serve” applications can be downloaded at or can be requested by contacting Amber Gibson at or 605-367-5390 Ext. 105. Applications are due by October 20, 2017. 

For additional information, contact Lynne Keller Forbes at the South Eastern Council of Governments at 605-367-5390 Ext. 102 or